Saturday, March 8, 2008

Juggalos




The Juggalo culture is without a doubt one of the most interesting subcultures, still in existence.

Feeling socially rejected by either their families or age appropriate colleagues, juggalos and juggalettes have painted their faces to resemble pyschopathic clowns in order to "scare of the squares" and fit in with the rest of their brothers and sisters. It is NOT a cult and it is NOT a gang. Although there are shades of both within the community.

The music is not all that great, in fact its pretty terrible. It seems that the major attraction by so many fans is the release of being able to dress up in facepaint and be as free to be as crude as they want to be, while still being accepted by everyone who participates in similar activities.

Faygo is the choice drink of course.

I've spent many a night trying to figure out the juggalos. My underdeveloped theory is that is for the youth that wants to like death metal, likes the theories behind death metal, but for same reason cannot like death metal for whatever reason. They want to like rap. But they can't because they don't believe in the things rap is singing about. They need something more morbid. So they look to Clown axe murderer lyrics to live their lifestyle, and in the process get sucked into the juggalo lifestyle.

I will probably post more about Juggalos in the future, but I just wanna get something straight, (for my own safety) In no way am I insulting the juggalos, I just wanna research them.....and possibly disguise myself as one and walk amongst them.

More on juggalos to come......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know, but I really liked the picture, so I wanted to put it in. But perhaps thats not a fair representation.